My free fantasy horror novel is now a podcast, one that I’m proud of! But, [as] [usual] I sure muffed up everything along the way making it happen. And not only me, but my buddies had their fair share of difficulties with it too. So let me take you, if I may, through the very strange journey of starting a podcast from scratch. Continue reading
Piece I made for a good friend earlier in the year based off the AWESOME Warren Zevon’s song of the same name!! (I freaking love Warren Zevon)
Are you ready for an awesome pop-up art show full of cute critters and awesome architecture?! I sure am!
Come see me and my fellow artist Jon Fuchs at the Alhambra Theatre on July 3rd, 6pm-9pm for an evening of fun, art, and buggies brought by Wesselman Nature Society! The Alhambra Theatre is located in Haynie’s Corner Arts District, Evansville Indiana.
Event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/529093383904875/
As usual, because I never sleep, Sandpaperdaisy Art WILL BE THERE.
I’m slated to appear at Curvo Labs at 58 Adams Ave on Friday March 6th from 6pm-9pm, for the very first First Fridays event at Haynie’s Corner Art District in Evansville, IN! From the businesses to the artists to the art groups involved, all of us are really excited to be a part of this. Below is the press release for the event!
Contact: Reva Bourgasser
Phone: (812) 422-2111
318 Main Street Suite 101
Evansville, IN 47708
Information about First Fridays Series:
Haynie’s Corner Art District to begin First Fridays Series on March 6th
For Immediate Release
Evansville, IN: Haynie’s Corner Art District First Fridays are a collaborative effort between local businesses, neighborhood representatives, and the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana. It is a self-guided tour of indoor and outdoor art exhibits and performers designed to highlight local artists and the businesses hosting them on every First Friday of the month.
The festivities will kick-off in Haynie’s Corner Art District on March 6th from 6:00pm – 9:00pm with the heart of the events being located near the fountain beside The Alhambra Theatre. Local businesses and a variety of artists will be participating including Sauced, The Dapper Pig, Patchwork Central, Soap Solutions, Penny Lane Coffee House, Stef L’s Amour, The Beauty Room, 22 Jefferson Art Studios & Gallery, Heather Landry, D’Alto Studios, Jenna Citrus, Matt Fitzgerald, Keith Boyd, Emily Gartner and more! For the full list of businesses and artists participating and to see upcoming events in the area, visit hayniescorner.com.
Amy Rivers-Word, newcomer to Haynies Corner Art District with The Dapper Pig, but a known figure on West Franklin said, “It is great to see the type of community development and energy that has been so prevalent on Franklin Street exploding over into other districts! The Dapper Pig is simply thrilled to be a part of this very vital and vibrant neighborhood, and we can’t wait to see the outcome of this this first collaborative event, First Fridays!”
The First Friday Series will run through October 2015. Art District businesses and local artists are encouraged fill out applications to participate in the regularly scheduled events. It is free to participate. Applications can be found at artswin.org. Interested parties in sponsoring the event may call (812) 422-2111 to learn how to support this programming.
Attached documents: First Fridays Logo, First Friday March map
You’ll be hearing about this all week from me no doubt…these are samples from the amazing sintrumental jazz album “Tales from the Clarkside” that my friend Carl Clark is premiering at Cincy Comicon this upcoming Sept. 5-7!! You get more of a feel for the sheer variety and talent of his songs here…as before, accompanied by visuals from the comic I illustrated to accompany the album. He’s used the same pages as his backdrop for this video, so he may not be planning to show new art before our release at Cincy. We’ll see!
That’s right guys, that’s my art with Carl Clark’s fantastic jazz music! We’ll be at Cincy Comicon, Sep. 5-7 in the Artist Alley, with the comic/album set as well as tons more art and comics, including The killing of Dreams and Dog Street: Part 1! Come see us there!
Carl says this song was directly inspired by my piece “Atomic Jazz” and the story behind the picture. I couldn’t be more proud to have inspired such gorgeous tunes! I’ve heard most of the album, it’s mindblowing. Every song is different and they all highlight a different wonderful artist. You don’t want to miss this! If he releases any more music I’ll share it here, I promise. It’s awesome.
SculptEVV is a wonderful FREE Community Art and Music Festival taking place in Evansville, IN on Saturday, June 7th. This was a blast last year and featured a lot of local (extreme) talent. One crazy artist even went and played with the kids in the fountain! (Hint: ME) It looks to be even bigger and more awesome this year!! I wanted to be one of the artists again but I ended up having a conflict this year. Doesn’t mean I can’t let you all know about it though.
Here’s the Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/SculptEVV And if you’re an artist, there’s still room to join! It’s free. Below the pictures are all the details on how to join.
And here’s how you can join the fun as an artist! Check out the info below and contact Jenna at sculptEVV@gmail.com, copying and pasting the Artist Application section (bolded below) into the email and filling it out with your information.
3rd Annual Sculpt EVV Community Art and Music Festival
Saturday June 7, 2014
No juror, submission, or booth fees!
26 Free booth spaces awarded until filled
Apply by 10:00 p.m. CST May 23, 2014
· 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Art booth set-up
· 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Art booths open to public
· 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Barbecue and other vendors open
· 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Art Fair—Art booths open to public
· 11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Unveiling of Pavel Forman’s community mural
· 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Live music—Alpha and Omega church choir (Evansville)
· 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. African Art exhibition and tours
· 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Artist Mark Brendel, USI students, and youth assistants build the neighborhood sculpture
· 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Mini golf, hula hoops, tug o’ war, and sidewalk chalk drawing
· 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Live music —Miss Kenosha Davis (Nashville, TN)
· 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Live music —Trinity, featuring Rev. Michael Savage (Jackson, TN)
· 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Learn to play chess (so you can play it on the neighborhood sculpture)
· 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. First Drum Lesson—all ages/abilities learn to play and perform with Boom Squad
· 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Rhythm and Beat—Boom Squad and first drum lesson participants perform
· 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Marcus Wicker’s poem “Ode to Downtown Evansville”—performed as part of Rhythm and Beat
· 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Live music —Old School Players (R and B)
All events are FREE and open to public
Sculpt EVV Community Art and Music Festival: Sculpt EVV is a family event. “EVV” is Evansville—all of us—and “sculpt” means we can all create a healthy community together through art, music, food and the wise use of resources.
Location: Jefferson Ave. at corner of S.E. 2nd Street. To unload booths/art enter at Putnam and Jefferson.
Eligibility: Creators of fine art & fine craft in all media are welcome—booth spaces will be awarded until filled.
Only artists or craftspeople selling their own works will be eligible to participate. No dealers, agents or representatives will be permitted. All work must be original and creative. Not acceptable are kits, commercial molds, or commercially fabricated forms. Booth sharing is acceptable but all artists must be listed on the application/request for booth space. SculptEVV reserves the right to view each booth after setup and request that any work not appropriate for this family event be removed. The artists/craftspeople must provide their booths and tables. Demonstrations of art & craft are welcome.
Application/request for Booth Space Directions:
(1) Copy and paste the application/request section (see below) into a new e-mail
(2) Complete the application/request
(3) In e-mail subject heading put: your name and your medium/category
EXAMPLE E-Mail Subject: Kelley Smith, Fiber/Textiles
(4) Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(5) Hit “Send” by midnight CST May 23, 2014. (email@example.com)
Note: When artists and craftspeople submit their applications/requests for booth spaces at the 3rd Annual Sculpt EVV Community Art and Music Festival the artists/craftspeople agree to the requirements (see below) listed in this invitation to apply.
For additional information: Phone: 812.464.1740 (We will try to return calls within 24 hours.)
ARTIST/CRAFTSPERSON ART/CRAFT BOOTH VENDOR APPLICATION
All information requested is required as part of the application.
COPY AND PASTE THE REST OF THE TEXT OF THIS DOCUMENT INTO YOUR E-MAIL APPLICATION
City: State: Zip:
Please indicate the medium/category:
3-D Mixed Media
2-D Mixed Media
Additional Artist/Craftsperson Vendor Participation Requirements:
When artists and craftspeople submit their applications for booth spaces at the 3rd Annual Sculpt EVV Community Art and Music Festival the artists/craftspeople agree to the following:
1. Artists/craftspeople agree that all of the art/craft displayed for sale in their booths is suitable for a family audience and is made by them and does not derive from a kit, commercial mold, or commercially fabricated form. SculptEVV reserves the right to view each booth after setup and request that any work not up to these standards be removed.
2. Artists/craftspeople agree to participate rain or shine and must provide their own booths and tables (booth space is approx. 10’ x 10’.). Additional adjacent booth space can be requested at no additional cost at the time of application.
3. Artists/craftspeople agree to the booth setup and breakdown schedule and will not deviate from the schedule without expressed permission or request from SculptEVV.
4. Only artists or craftspeople selling their own works will be eligible to participate. No dealers, agents or representatives will be permitted.
5. Artists/craftspeople are responsible for handling their own sales and must bring sufficient change. There are no banks open past noon on Saturday in Evansville.
6. Artists/craftspeople agree to permit the use of images of their artworks/craftwork for publicity and marketing of the event.
7. Artists/craftspeople agree to promote the event by posting information about it on their websites and Facebook.
8. Artists/craftspeople agree to hold harmless the city of Evansville, the University of Southern Indiana, SculptEVV, the Alhambra Theater, the Evansville Brownfields Corporation, the Potter’s Wheel Ministries, the Memorial Community Development Corporation, Evansville African American Museum, and Evansville Museum of Arts, History and Science and all employees, board members, and associates of these entities for any injury, theft, breakage or loss of items that arise or come to the artists or their associates during any aspect of their participation in 3rd Annual Sculpt EVV Community Art and Music Festival.
Please review everything for accuracy before sending.
I, (first and then last name) ____________________, agree to abide by all requirements listed in the announcement/invitation/solicitation of applications and that my application constitutes my signature.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00 p.m. CST May 23, 2014
In e-mail subject heading put: Name of Artist and Type of Medium (EXAMPLE: Kelley Smith, Fiber/Textiles)
For additional information: Phone: 812.464.1740 (We will try to return calls within 24 hours.)