Download the Media Kit
What I’m asking from bloggers:
My appearance on your blog can be whatever best fits the culture and the topic of your blog. I’m available for guest posts, interviews, Q&As, book reviews, and book giveaways. I can offer guest posts or interviews on the following topics:
- Writing/drawing horror and dark fantasy comics
- Self-publishing a comic
- Being both writer and artist of a comic
- General writing and storytelling tips and insights
- General art and comic tips and insights
- Insights on creating comics/freelancing while raising a family full-time
I will provide the following, to be included at the discretion of the host:
- relevant links to buy the book, to my website, and to my Twitter account
- a short author bio
- author head shot
- book’s cover image
Here’s a sample blurb to promote the book on your blog, to your newsletter, or to your email contacts:
I’m excited tell you about the latest comic from Heather Landry. The killing of Dreams is a horror/dark fantasy comic about the deadly forces that threaten to shatter the lives of two girls. You can learn more about the author at http://sandpaperdaisy.com and get a copy of the book from http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K1WBM3Q.
Fun facts about me:
- I’m a jellyfish freak!
- I appear as one of the artists at a local anime convention every year and even design the mascots.
- My husband finally convinced me to try Mexican food when I was in my 20’s.
Serious facts about me:
- My two young children provided the motivation for me to become a more productive and varied artist. Before they came along, I lacked focus.
- I’m a very active member of a local counter-culture art group called The Arts Council of Doom. Since joining them, my career has advanced so rapidly it took me by surprise.
- As a freelance artist, I make it a point to resonate with my clients tightly enough that they are often shocked by how closely I mirrored what was “in their head.”
Fun facts about the book:
- The killing of Dreams was quite a job to convert to Kindle format! I wrote a funny post about the process here.
- This comic had its germination all the way back in 2006 when I had a nightmare, jotted it down and later sketched 32 horrible-looking pages for the July 2007 NaNoManGo challenge on livejournal.
- The protagonist Else is named after a Grimm’s Fairytale I have always enjoyed, “Clever Else.”
- My blog: http://sandpaperdaisy.com
- Book page: https://sandpaperdaisy.com/comics/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Follow me on Twitter: @sandpaperdaisy, http://twitter.com/sandpaperdaisy/
- Like and tag on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SandpaperdaisyArt/
- My Author Page on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/heatherlandry
- Buy the book from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K1WBM3Q
- Past interviews: https://sandpaperdaisy.com/about/curriculum-vitae/
- Relevant Blog posts: 1) Everything I did wrong when I tried to make a digital comic file, 2) The killing of Dreams comes to Kindle, 3) Comic page 33 wip shots, 4) Some sketches and wips from my comic
Sample Tweets and Facebook Posts: